Welcome to Easy Spoken English Help

Welcome to our blog and you can find here Spoken English lessons, secrets for your success, self help articles about Health, Food, Money, Jobs and Career, Education, Parenting, Travel, Business, Technology, and much more.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

How to excuse when you are late to work?

Sometimes we get sick or stuck in the traffic. These key sentences will help you to excuse when you are late to work or sick.

Questions:
  • Why are you late?
  • Do you have a reason for being late?
  • What Held you up this morning?
  • You have been late several times this week, is this going to be a continual problem?
  • I expect you to be at your desk at seven O’ Clock, Do you have a problem with it?

Answers:

  • I am terribly sorry, it won’t be happen again
  • I am sorry for being late, traffic was bad today
  • I had an appointment this morning and it was longer than I expected.
  • I am really sorry for being late. I had to drop off my son at school.

Thank you and good luck with your spoken English