Welcome to Easy Spoken English Help

Welcome to our blog and you can find here Spoken English lessons, secrets for your success, self help articles about Health, Food, Money, Jobs and Career, Education, Parenting, Travel, Business, Technology, and much more.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Lesson-0004: “Bored At Work How to Call Someone”


A different situation we can tell someone we are bored at work and share part of our life that is boring. For an example, if you have a boring job, you can explain to your friend how boring it is.

"How is your work these days?"
"Work is so boring that I’m going crazy."
"I ran out of things to do and management is too busy to give me more work. I tried to find things to do with no luck. I’m basically sitting in my chair pretending to work."
"That sounds so boring."
"Tell me about it. Time goes so slow when you're bored. I’d rather be busy. Then at least the day would go by faster."

Similar type of boring work is when doing something that is routine. Some sentences expressing boring work are:

"I’m doing the same thing over and over again."
"My work is so repetitious that I am getting bored of it."
"My work does not interest me."
"I’m only working to pay the bills."
"I wish I had your job."

Because some people are so busy, they envy people who have nothing to do at work.

"I’m so bored. I have nothing to do at work. I just surf the Internet all day long."
"I’m so busy at work, it’s driving me crazy. I really wish I had your job."

Practice Time…

Practice-I

After practicing several times, you will be able to speak as fast as a native.

A: “Hey there. What have you been up to?”
B: “Nothing really.”
A: “How about your work?”
B: “It’s so boring there. I really wish I had a different job.”
A: “Is it really that bad?”
B: “Yeah. Most of the time, I have nothing to do. But whenever I have something to do, it’s boring work because it is the same old thing.”
A: “Why don’t you find a different job then?”
B: “Maybe I should.”

Practice-II

A: “Hi Hisbu, what’s your plan for tonight?”
B: “I don’t have any plans. Are you doing anything special?”
A: “Well, if you’re bored, let’s plan on meeting up tonight.”
B: “That sounds like a good idea. Should we invite Saboor?”
A: “He’s a little boring.”
B: “What do you mean?”
A: “Well, he doesn’t drink, play video games, pool, or really anything. The only thing he talks about is history.”
B: “You do have a point. We’ll leave him out tonight.”
A: “Alright. Let’s meet at 8:30 in front of the bookstore.”
B: “Perfect. I’ll see you later tonight.”

Practice-III

A: “Hello”
B: “Hi Ann”
A: “Oh, hi Illy.”
B: “What are you doing?”
A: “I’m doing the laundry.”
B: “I'm so bored. I have nothing to do.”
A: “Why don’t you come over and help me with the laundry?”
B: “I’d rather do my own house chores. Hey, you wanna take a break from your house work and have coffee at Starbucks with me?”
A: “Sure, that sounds great. I’ll meet you there in thirty minutes.”


Thank you for reading and i wish you good luck with your English